By Anthony C. Adamopoulos, Divorce Mediator, Arbitrator and Collaborative Lawyer
Not very long at all.
Here is the process:
- Make an appointment for you and your spouse through my office. You can usually get an appointment within a week.
At the first session, about two hours, I will learn what agreements, you and your spouse have come to on the children, on support and on how the property will be divided. Assuming the financial statement, you were asked to bring with you, is in order, I then go to the next step.
- I will then prepare a draft Separation Agreement based upon what you and your spouse agreed to at our first meeting. The turn-around time for this is about a week.
- You review the Separation Agreement draft which I will send to you. You decide how long to review it.
- We then then talk on the phone or via email about any changes you want. This shouldn’t take more than a day or two to schedule.
- If necessary, I revise the draft Separation Agreement. (This takes about 30 minutes.)
- We then meet to answer any questions about the Separation Agreement; and, if you and your spouse are ready, you sign the Agreement. This is usually a one-hour meeting.
In short, after two meetings you can have a Separation Agreement that is ready to bring to court for a judge’s review.
ANTHONY C. ADAMOPOULOS’ DIVORCE RESOLUTION SERVICES
©2018 Anthony C. Adamopoulos